Follow Me On Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/ALovingVegan/

Tuesday 15 December 2015

Snap back to reality!

Stopping magic is a lot harder than starting

All good things must come to an end and my time at Disney World was not exception. The night before had ended in the most picturesque way possible with champagne and fire works over the castle just past the lake. Who could ask for more? 
  Letting it go still wouldn't be easy, lucky for us our flight wasn't until the evening so we went for a quick morning swim and then checked out leaving our bags with the baggage service which is no extra cost and good for those we want to fit some fun into their last day, you drop your bags off and you wont see or worry about them until your home. We still had dining credits due to opting to pay for a few meals out of pocket on prior days, so I headed to the cafeteria for one last Mickey waffle meal sadly it was a different chef working so I only got 3 waffles instead of 4. I cant really complain an adult meal is only meant to have 4 but because so few people request vegan waffles and the iron makes 4 at a time all week the chef had given me 4 so I was really looking forward to that on the last day, if you haven't had Mickey waffles you probably don't get what the big deal it and I cant explain it they are just the best waffles ever.
  We then headed to Disney Springs formerly known as Downtown Disney. We had planned to also do Disney quest but I lost our free admissions passes and those passes were the main reason we were going so sadly we did not go. Disney Springs is a dinning and shopping area a long a small lake or large pond depending on your point of view. It was all sorts of dinning from fun themed restaurants to fine dining. For shopping it offers a large Disneyfied selection including a Lego store with huge Disney themed displays  and the worlds largest Disney store fittingly named World Of Disney. 
  We explored the shops and bought some last second souvenirs and gifts and then headed to the famous Erin McKenna's Bakery formerly part of babycakes bakery. Much to our pleasent surprise they accept snack credits for things under 5$ so we used our last snack credits on donuts to take home I also bought a donut cup to bring home and an ice cream sandwich to eat there. The treats tasted very good but the one thing I was very disappointed by was nothing was Disney themed, now this could be due to copyright and things like that I have no idea but I was hoping for Mickey cupcakes or something and sadly there was nothing. 
   Before heading to the bus back to the resort to wait for our Magical Express to the airport we stopped at The Rain Forest Cafe to split our last table service credit. To be honest it's not that different from others of the chain like that in Niagara Falls so I would have much rathered gown to the T-Rex , same idea but dinosaur themed. Jamie wanted one last water side beer though so we decided on Rain Forest. The chef came out and gave me 2 pasta options that could be veganized so we had a light pasta that was fairly good. I forgot american iced tea is not like Canadian iced tea so despite ordering sweet tea could not finish my drink, dear fellow Canadians don't forget american iced tea, even sweet tea is probably not what your expecting! Still over all it was very pleasant we even got to watch a few amphicars go by. Then it was time to go. Off to the airport and back to Canada.
  Disney was the best, most magical 8(ish) days of my life which I'll never forget! I can't wait to go back! Now that the day reports are done I can't wait to walk you through, my haul, dining,planning etc 
Let the fun begin, and let's never forget it all started with a mouse.



No comments:

Post a Comment