Follow Me On Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/ALovingVegan/

Saturday 9 January 2016

Narcoossee's

“All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.”
-Walt Disney
I decided to use a quote on dreams because dinner at Narcoossee's really is like a dream. I did a lot of research and talked to a lot of people on reddit and disboards for all of my trip planning but particularly in searching for the most romantic dinner I could find and that search lead me to Narccoossee's. 
If you google romantic Disney World dinner most lists rank Victoria & Albert's as first, what I can't help but wonder is who eats there? Seriously that place is can be more than $100 per person! 
If you are that rich that place looks amazing, personally I don't think it's possible for a meal to be worth that much money but I guess I'll never know. 
Tied with Narccoossee's for second most recommended is The California Grill in Disney's Contemporary Resort this restaurant does seem stunning and worth a visit but I could only do one and chose Narccoossee's for reasons I'll go through in this entry.

Narccoossee's is a signature dining restaurant located in Disney's Grand Floridian Resort. Narccoossee's is located on the water and can be seen from where the buses drop you off for the Magic Kingdom, so if you've been and not heard of them you've definitely seen it. As lovely as it appears in the day bright in the Florida sun with a view of palm trees, peaceful water and the distant bustling joy of the Magic Kingdom, night is Narccoossee's really shines!
The interior decor is a classy yet simplistic with a sea side theme , but the real beauty of this dining experience is the location. As I said before while I am sure this is still lovely in the day with their light and airy water side location the evening is when you can really appreciate this restaurant. 

My tofu dish was amazing!
 After listening to the lobby band and pianist for sometime in The Grand Floridian lobby which I also highly recommend doing before hand, we strolled a long the beach and back around for our 9pm at Narccoossee's. We arrived a bit early for our ADR and seated a little early as well. Narccoossee's has an entire vegetarian  menu and the majority of it can be vaganized ! When we were seated there was a bit of a mix up with the menu's because vegan comes up as an allergy from special diets to the restaurant first we were given the special allergy menu which is also available however nothing on that is vegan. Our waitress asked what our allergy was so I didn't even have to point out what happened as soon as I said we are vegan she said she had another menu she'd bring.
 I was so happy to see an entire vegetarian menu even if some wasn't vegan, what progress! 
My partner Jamie got a light oil based pasta dish and I got an Asian inspired tofu dish.
At 9:15 just after we had ordered the Electrical Water Pageant sailed by our window. The Electrical Water Pageant is one of Disney's lesser known shows, similar to the electrical parade in the magic kingdom, or if your from southern Ontario like me, like a floating version of The Festival Of Lights. 
Fairy tale-esque creatures and nails made up of sparkling lights float through the night sky tethered to nearly invisable boats glide around the Seven Seas Lagoon, a moment in which this body of water really lives up to it's name. 
As the water pageant ended our food was served. It's hard to call but I am going to say something controversial here, the food was better than trails end's off menu specials. For those of you who know Trails End as a mere buffet and not for the hidden treasure it 
really is all I can say is, subscribe cause it's a coming!
Jamie's pasta dish
 Narccoossee's food and atmosphere the whole experience was hands down the best dining experience of our trip. As we ate we heard that special music and knew it was time to take our champagne out to the veranda, Wishes was about to begin. Narccoossee's as a breath taking view of Wishes the full sky is open, the castle's towers are peaking out above the entrance area which is as close to empty as possible just across the lagoon. To add to the magical view Narccoossee's pumps in the sound track for the full experience. Let me tell you, absolutely nothing is more magical then standing in your loved one's arms out on that white veranda, with champagne in hand and watching the Wishes spectacular while it reflects off the dark lagoon.  Perfection.
I thought about including a picture of the view but none co
uld do it justice, this is something that can't be captured only experienced.
We did this one on our last night and I cannot picture a perfect story book ended to what was the best week of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment